View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #78
ATVYP

Re: Uncle Howard's 1946 Chevy Truck

It has been a difficult season of life the last few months, but amongst life and ministry’s events I was able finish some side work and collect a bunch of parts. If anyone needs help turning up a mid 90’s 12-valve Cummins with the P7100 Inline Bosch let me know because I can offer some great tips. Today I was able to start back doing some things.

I originally ordered a set of C4 stainless braided brake lines, but the front lines where about 4” too short. After measuring and re-measuring again I ordered 2 18” DOT approved brake lines from JEGS. There are many non-DOT approved brake lines available, but it was worth the peace of mind and a few bucks to order them. I’ve looked at 100s of pictures of other Flatout Engineering and other various IFS swaps, but I’m not always pleased with how the front lines are routed, and that balance between looks and safety. Some are just plain silly the way they are ran, but others just cosmetically look off or distracting. It was very important to me to run everything as hidden but accessible as possible, yet safe and practical. I believe I found the perfect balance, but time will tell. I drilled the front holes (I believe 5/8” holes) behind the cross member, and on the right side it is above but in line with my fuel bulkhead pass-through fittings. I split the difference between the back of the welded cross member and the frame recess. It appears to have proper clearance and length with the wheels turned either direction, with suspension compressed or free.
Attached Images

ATVYP is offline   Reply With Quote