View Single Post
Old 12-11-2004, 07:23 AM   #5
BOSS
Just here to help

71402bb

Ho Ho Ho! It’s Christmas and Santa has ditched his sleigh and 8 tiny reindeer for a 68 burb! All decked out in green and gold for the holidays with plenty of room for toys for all the good girls and boys!
This burb is an original 3 seater that was equipped with a 307 and a 4 speed tranny. When I got it, it had a 350 with an Edelbrock carb. It was driven for about a year that way until a small fender bender (you guessed it left front) side-lined it. It was then parked and all the small-block manual tranny pieces (clutch linkage, flywheel, etc) were robbed off it as well as the carb for my younger brother’s (CPNEJR) project. He traded me low-mileage 250 six and manual tranny for those parts.
After sitting for a year, I finally got off my butt and got it fixed up so I could drive it. The entire front-end has new parts and the 250 six was outfitted with HEI and power steering. It even has an original offset oil-bath air cleaner to clear the brake booster. I installed an original 3-on-the tree column and shift linkage, because after all, it is a vintage truck…and Santa doesn’t drive an automatic. With the engine, drivetrain, and 4:11 posi gearing, it’ll go about anywhere you can get a 2wd vehicle. I also installed the correct Jr West Coast mirrors and a set of vintage dog dish hubcaps.
Enjoy!
Manufacturer: Chevrolet
Year: 1968
How long have you owned this truck?: 3 years

Chassis
Suspension type: Stock
Front Brakes: drums
Rear Brakes: drums
Rear differential type / Gears: 4:11 posi

Body
Color Scheme: Gold with fawn interior but not a 50th

Engine