View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #14
DetroitDan

Re: I didnt want another project but...

cant wait to figure out the gear ratio. Didnt see any tags, ill dump the oil and change it and count the teeth. I noticed the rear is a 12 bolt; according to the articles about Chevy Blazers on Wikipedia, it should have come with a 10 bolt rear. Who knows what may have happened with the drivetrain in a lifted truck. Maybe I'll get lucky and it's gt something good in it. I doubt it though, it feels pretty obvious its got some tall tire under it when you drive.
Aother thing, and maybe I should look for a trans forum, but the tranny, which is a 4l60, apparently- I thought it was a 700 but I read that they changed the name of it to 4l60 in 91- anyway it works ok, but feels a little funny. Just as its about to shift, it feels like theres a little drag for a second, then it shifts. Almost like you lightly touched the brake for a sec. And a couple times going uphill I gave it some gas and it had no throttle response, I thought the motor died for a minute, but it didn't. Give it more and it would start accelerating, but had a little flutter and didnt downshift quite like I expected. But, again, Im blaming that on the big tires. Definitely doesn't slip. Hope theres not a tv cable problem.