View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 03:31 PM   #12
darrellyates

Re: LS compared to BBC

Not trying to be a bother, but I want to weigh in.

I will never build another engine with a carb. Fuel injection is the way to go in my opinion, if you're going to drive your vehicle. Starts every time, and with the exception of oil changes, will go 7 years without touching the engine (at that time, it's due for new antifreeze, right guys?). They run great, make very good power and last a long time. Why do they last? First of all, machining tolerances are very good on the newer tooling, and again in my opinion, computers and fuel injection are the best thing that has happened to the internal combustion engine. No more raw gas leaking/flooding the cylinders, and just much faster better adjustments to keep the engine running where it needs to be.

I get the "old school" of having a big block. However, I want to use my truck when/where/how I want, and for me, the LS engine fits the bill better. You can easily/inexpensively buy a 430 or 480 or even 525 HP LS, and for me it was the same money or less than the big blocks. However, it's the "never have to tune/touch" that was the deciding factor for me.

To each his own. Again, I'll never build one that isn't fuel injected (port injected actually). But, then I don't race or require ultimate HP. I'm just getting too old for that.

Thanks for reading/listening to an old man ramble on.
darrellyates is offline   Reply With Quote