View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 10:35 PM   #78
rickoner

Thumbs up Re: My Drive-way Build - '65 short pants

Oh my how time flies!!! Just realized it's been 2.5 yrs since I've posted anything about my truck. Like so many others that started a thread, life happens and priorities change. For me, we now have a beautiful daughter (2yrs old now). I also bought my first house. Long story short, it was a bad purchase. Ended up gutting most of the house. I worked on it for a year and a half before we moved in this past March. It came with a 30x40 building. So I'm no longer working in a gravel driveway. Last month I put a lift in so life is looking up. Haha, pun intended. I haven't worked on the truck that much but now that we're settled in I'm going to try to make some progress.

I'll try to catch everybody up to were I'm at now. Before the move I sold the previous efi kit and picked up a forced induction compatible fitech efi kit. Also started fabbing up a turbo kit.

While a boosted efi'd 292 seemed like a cool idea (it still does to me) I decided to go the ls route. This truck will hopefully be a driver. So I wanted reliable power with decent fuel mileage. Plus parts are everywhere when something breaks. A coworker offered to trade me a complete lq4/4l80e swap for my fitech setup. So I jumped on it.

I switched out the old style frame mount brackets in favor of some square body clamshells. It's taken me a while to find the sweetspot for the engine. There was some interference issues with the crank pulley hitting the drag link. This is because I raised all of the steering up when I pancaked the crossmember.

Test fit...

That brings us to today. I decided to cut down the engine mount frame brackets and make a simple mount for the top bolts of the crossmember. This was to make more room for header clearance.

Well, there you have it. Hopefully one day this thing will actually go down the road.

Until next time gents...
rickoner is offline   Reply With Quote