View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 06:52 PM   #85
rickoner

Re: My Drive-way Build - '65 short pants

As usual, I haven't been able to accomplish what I wanted to. I was just going to do the transgo shift kit but that snowballed into tearing the trans apart to do a true "dual feed" mod. Here's after the tear down.

Apparently it had a rebuild. Everything inside looked great. There was a 2012 date written inside of the bellhousing. So I'm assuming that's when it was done. While doing the dual feed I also rollarized the output while it was apart. Here I'm checking the end play. It's set at .005" now.

I'm still waiting on a couple of parts for the trans to come in so I can button it up. I'm also going to drill out the plate for shift firmness. Does anybody have any recommendations for sizes? Currently it's going to have a stock converter but once I know engine and trans are solid I'm going to do converter, cam, and possibly heads.

I also haven't got to painting the engine either. The trans has been occupying the engine stand. I did give it a rough cleaning while hanging from the picker at least. Once the trans is back on the floor I can hopefully get to that.

rickoner is offline   Reply With Quote