View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 10:03 PM   #87
rickoner

Re: My Drive-way Build - '65 short pants

Last night I was only able to sneak out into the garage for less than an hour. Did manage to test fit the headers. The good news is they fit pretty good. They cleared the frame rails (barely) and only needed to cut the ear off of the trans on the passenger side. The bad news is they hit the brake lines that I ran earlier. So... i guess i get to do that over again. Better than cutting up new headers i suppose.

Onto tonight. Again only got about an hour of shop time. I have a hard time getting motivated to head out there knowing I'll only have a short time to get anything done. I try to tell myself that I can get this thing finished by just plucking away. So my next task is pretty intimidating. Going to rework the harness to stand alone. I know that I can do it.... eventually. It's just going to take a while to complete. I know that there's companies that make really nice harnesses but I just can't bring myself to shell out 600+ clams. Plus I can put everything where i want them. With that said i was hoping to put the ecu inside of the cab. Can anyone share how/where they mounded their ecu? Maybe glovebox area?

So there's a quick table I set up and harness layout that i got put together tonight. I'm anticipating this to take some time so we'll see how it goes. Wish me luck. Haha

rickoner is offline   Reply With Quote