View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #13
Mr-Jack
Beer Drink'n Knuckle Dragger

Re: 67 GMC Lift thread

Sorry guys...I in the military, and have had to deplay out on the road so i'll get to the questions and then get to some pictures.

Modblacksmith - I'm going to be running 35's got them in the shop right now. just need to mount them on the 15" steelies first

BigBadChev72 - It should net around 6" of lift total. It's kind of a frankenstien kit that i've pieced together so we'll see how the rear end goes. For right now; until i get high steer, i have a dropped steering arm. I'll be doing the power steering conversion and the high steer at the same time. I already have everything to do the power steering conversion except the brackets for the box

So I got back about a week ago and had my daughter here for spring break and didn't get much time to work on the truck, but this week was a differant story. So far, i've been doing some tuning...the truck sat for about a year and a half without being started with 3/4 tank of 10% ethanol mixed gas. So i drained the tank ran a sea-foam treatment through it. Changed the plugs, wires, flushed the oil and got new oil in it. Adjusting the timing and discovered a lifter tick. found my feeler gauges last night so i'll be in there adjusting today. Last night i finally got the 2" wholes drilled thru the frame and realized how much i really miss my plasma cutter. Got the new eye hangers temp installed (temp because the kit didn't come with washers and i don't like the bolt head on frame metal) got the axle sitting under the front end right now on the shop floor cause i forgot to pick up the new ubolts for the new leaf springs. But after my class today, i picked them up and i'm ready to get back dirty again. I'll snap a few pictures and post them up in a few

Again, Sorry for the lack of progress...i've been on the road guys.
Mr-Jack is offline   Reply With Quote