View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #96
ATVYP

Re: Uncle Howard's 1946 Chevy Truck

To those who may have been following this build, I apologize for not updating more regularly. I get tired at night sooner that I use to! I have been working pretty solid on things when able to (been doing lots of side work too, to pay bills), but I don't have pictures of everything. I'll do my best to fill in details. If I missed anything or skipped anything you need to know, just ask.

I finished welding up and installing the master cylinder access plate in the floor under the seat. I don't think I have all the pictures necessary, but I will post more soon. Very pleased how it turned out. Also, I had fought finding correct adapter fittings for the C5 master cylinder / AN fitting, so I figured something else out that worked well. I tapped the hole for NPT, then purchased a second tap, cut the end off, then tapped clean to the end where the NPT threads are large enough that the fitting could enter the full way into the whole, rather than sticking out. I used a heavy duty lock tight style thread sealer. I hope I never have to pull it out, but it will be permanently sealed.

I have also finished modifying / grinding / working on the several of the parts, including the engine brackets in the front.
Attached Images

ATVYP is offline   Reply With Quote