View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 12:31 PM   #162
Justin G

Re: New to me 1972 K5

Hey Rich,
I'm excited to see the updates!

I've been researching the LineX and I'm a big fan. IMO nothing says off-road utility vehicle more than a durable interior & exterior coating. Use it, abuse it, & hose it off when your done!

As part of my research I actually called the guys from Starwood Motors in Dallas to ask them about their "kevlar coating" They advertise the entire exterior of their Jeeps & other vehicles have been professionally coated with Premium Protective Coating w/Kevlar Fiber (4700 PSI tensile strength, which is over 200% strength of other brands), making it impervious to the elements.

They slap a lift kit, wheels & tires, & their kevlar coating on a new Jeep and sell them for anywhere from 30k to 105k!!! I suspect they are working with a LineX dealer in Dallas and marketing it as their own coating. The salesman I spoke with said it was a proprietary product they developed to make their Jeeps unique..... but I could send my vehicle to them and they would coat if for about 5-6k!

I'm hoping I can find a local guy around Nashville that is willing to do it and do it for less.

What was your experience like. Does the LineX dealer you are working with do a lot of complete vehicles in Vegas?
Justin G is offline   Reply With Quote