View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 09:36 AM   #82
yossarian19

Re: 57 Panel "FAKMLC" build

The hydroboost I used came out of an Astro van and I just bought a replacement master cylinder for the same year / model. Later on I replaced that hydroboost with one from a ~80's C20 van due to leaks, kept the same master cylinder. No problems.
There is a seller on Ebay who makes hydroboost brackets with all sorts of bolt patterns, I'm sure you can find the right one for your use or just hog out the firewall bracket with a die grinder as needed and use the bracket that comes with the hydroboost.
I really like hydroboost brakes as the pedal feel and performance is very very consistent and the pedal is always firm. Braking performance is improved as well.
Hydraulic lines... I'm pretty sure you could actually use whatever junkyard lines you came up with, at least going from box to booster. Booster to rack, well, find lines that come wtih the right end fittings / tube bends, cut them off cleanly with a tube cutter, measure how long a hose you need (mock up with garden hose or some such?) and bring it to a hydraulic shop. I actually flared the ends of the tubes I salvaged 37* and had the hose shop just make a xx inches hose with JIC female ends. Cheap & serviceable.

Hydroboost is a minor PITA compared to vacuum but I thought it was worth it, now that it's hooked up I'm glad I did it.
Hope this helps.
yossarian19 is offline   Reply With Quote