View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 08:14 AM   #6
Mr. M3

Re: My new 69 K10 project

I have a pretty long list of parts I will need to round up. I have a fair collection from previous 70's-80's projects. Main items that need attention are:
-no carb (I have a spare Edelbrock 1405)
-no distributor cap but it does have an HEI distributor (which I have a spare for)
-the rear dif has no guts/cover and a small rats nest inside it
-the engine has very obviously a rats nest on (and in) it
-the rear leaf springs are missing the forward bolts, but the bushings are intact
-no key for the ignition
-no key for the doors
-neither window rolls down (and by assumption up either)
-no rear brakes
-front brakes don't sound very good when spinning the wheels (rough grinding noise)
-fuel tank smells like turpentine (likely it seems I will need a sender and lines, learned that from my 79 that sat for about 6 years)
-the odd spot with rust on the body that needs to be repaired (mainly inside the cab, try and figure that out, and under the wheel wells)
-manual trans feels pretty stiff (this is the oldest truck I have owned and I have no experience with a purely mechanical clutch)
-the previous owner added some wiring for a CB in the cab and some addition lighting on the front
-no tailgate, though I do have the tailgate trim

And that's about the list I have at present. It does have a rubber pad in the bed but I haven't screwed up the courage to pull it out yet (who knows what is underneath it). Well off to work for the day I plan to keep updates on the progress on the old truck. Thanks for the welcome guys!

Last edited by Mr. M3; 02-06-2018 at 08:49 AM.
Mr. M3 is offline   Reply With Quote