View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 06:17 PM   #57
ray_mcavoy

Re: Ammeter not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotXC View Post
My ammeter also has not been working since I've owned the truck and I'm curious to get it going... I was looking around today and want to confirm these are the right fuses in the images. The older one is on the battery side and the fuse was broken when I opened it. Is there supposed to be wires connected to the back of the meter? If so, I have some digging to do to find them, but wanted to make sure. Thanks for all the help the previous posts have already offered!
Yes, those appear to be the correct fuses. The black rubber one on the battery side is a factory fuse holder that should take an SFE-4 fuse once you get the old broken pieces out. The white plastic one is an aftermarket replacement fuse holder that might need a longer fuse, but don't put anything larger than 4 Amp in there though.

No, the wires don't run directly to the back of the meter. They go to pins #1 and #12 of the rectangular plug on the back of the instrument cluster. From there, traces on the printed circuit (that's on the back of the cluster) make the connection to the meter.
ray_mcavoy is offline   Reply With Quote