View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 06:11 PM   #34
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Back Problem, Anyone Else Have This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Yeah Steve, my mom is doing well at 89, especially her mind. Dad passed at 79 due to diabetes. He had a couple heart attacks around 45-50 years old and late in life bipass surgery and his corroded arteries cleared. In my genetic history I have three main concerns, heart, diabetes, and anuerisms. The last one I can't do anything to prevent. I lost my oldest sister at 40 years old (brain), dad's mom passed the same way, and dad had one taken care of in his abdoman. My grandfather on my mom's side died from diabetes and was a double amputee due to the same. Mom has it, too, but manages it well with diet.

Leon, I'm sorry to hear how this is going for you. Makes me feel bad posting the "good luck" I feel I have had with my injuries. I know you are a healthy and active man with a great outlook. If Dr. Tim would take a stab at the cause of this issue you are having I'd say it wasn't any particular incident that caused it, just simple wear and tear over the years. It just happens. Our backs seem to have some design flaws. I always wondered if it wasn't the price we pay to walk upright. Alignment issues cause the pinched nerve. It could be a slipped disc, compressed disc, worn out disc, or simply gradual bad alignment getting to the point of pinching a nerve. I wonder if a chiropractor could help and also perhaps accupunture. If it were me, out of the mainstream options given by your doctor I would go with the first two options and hold off on surgery. This is your first bout, and although the pain seems permanent at this point and even getting worse, I'd still hesitate on jumping into surgery. The epidural may get you out of this bind and now you know you have this issue to be mindful of. It isn't going to go away, but maybe it is a sign saying you need to make some changes in what you do or the way you do them. With sciatica working it's way into my life in recent months, that is what I am doing. At this point it is to not do what I know I was doing that triggered it. Never bend down to do things at my feet with my legs straight. Bend ny knees, squat, or get down on my knees. I hope that's all there is to it.
I'm sure I'm going to have to change my lifestyle too. I was still doing stuff that I had no business doing, by myself anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
I was wondering about one of those inversion tables. Has anyone here tried one? Leon ask the doctor his opinion.
Funny you should mention that Dale. I was just talking to my propane delivery guy yesterday and he said he had one that he uses and it helps him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 paul View Post
Inversion table works,least it does for me.Get one,you will be surprised.
I was just looking at used ones on Craigslist. There is a couple of decent ones for $100 fairly close to me.

Thanks,
LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote