View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 02:23 AM   #35
Lugnut64052
Middle-aged Curmudgeon

Re: The Story Of A Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
The only thing that is made these days (that I know of) is a POA eliminator kit. It is kind of a neat deal, but I haven't seen one in several years so I forget what it consisted of.
That's right. Basically, all they are is an orifice with a low side switch and the orifice is all that's "controlling" evap pressure. Sometimes they cool okay, sometimes they don't, mainly due to varying environmental conditions (ambient temperature, etc).

Quote:
I do know that you can not use the '73 and up unit because of the "U" shaped low side (outlet). This unit will put the accumulator into either the fenderwell or the hood hinge or spring--I forget which.
Hmm . .yeah. That'd be right.

Quote:
I'll get into my file cabinet and do some digging in the monstrous file titled "Suburban" and see if I can find the invoice and get you a p/n.
Don't want to derail your excellent build thread, but it'd be muchly appreciated. CCOT systems were a step down from POAs. Fewer parts, cheaper, and they cool fairly well. A healthy POA system would freeze meat in a Caddy Fleetwood, but the reality of increasingly scarce parts forces me to go CCOT.

. . . and just as I was about to smack the "Submit" button, your part number came through.

Thanks very much!!
Lugnut64052 is offline   Reply With Quote