View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 11:25 AM   #90
fredscarryall

Re: Fastfreddys 454ss

Since I just just dumped a bunch of money into making it ride and stop better.Thats always my start point in every build for me. Doesn’t make sense to me to have 600 horse and no way for the truck to stop ( because we all know how much these brakes suck) or have 600 horse on stock suspension and no way for the truck to handle it. The plan as far as performance is first to put a high flow fuel pump ( which I just did), rebuild and bore the tbi, bolt on procharger, install a better cam and buy some performance heads. Then have a custom chip made so the computer can handle it. As far as mods and being able to put everything back to stock. It sucks as far as having to notch the frame because you really can’t reverse that. But as far as rolling the fenders. It’s really just simply hammering in the inside lip of the fender from the poor stamping,when the fenders were made at the factory.so the tires don’t rub. Does change anything from my standpoint. I could alway bend the fender lips back, but I think that would be retarded. Then lastly the cage,thats more for rigity and some looks. Im not planning on getting t boned or have a roll over from a simple signal car road corse. If I do plan on drag racing or running a big road corse.I will have the entire cage kit. So to start out with 4 point and add the rest of the kit in to be able to pass tech as needed.

Last edited by fredscarryall; 03-07-2018 at 11:44 AM.
fredscarryall is offline   Reply With Quote