View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 01:55 AM   #4
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

Re: Coy Wheels Don't Fit Chevy Trucks...

Actually, these types of problems are very common when installing non-OEM parts. These wheels (17x8 w/4" BS) were probably designed to fit cars---more common. I got them used and they were said to be on an Impala? The clearances on the hubs to inside of wheels were close, but a little too tight to go on.
The rotors sticking out and hitting the caps may be from replacement rotors not being exact. After 40 years, who knows.
I put American 200S "Coke Bottles" on the front of my 2wd Blazer and the caps hit the grease cups. I ended up putting a bead of silicone between the wheel & hub on the inside to keep dirt out and run them without dust caps. That sounds scary, but it is all sealed up in there, so it works fine.
My point is, check everything you install carefully. 50% of it won't fit without help and 25% of it will just be wrong.
I wish I had $1 for every time I send pics & info to manufacturers on problems and get back the classic answer, "Well, no one else has ever complained...and we sell a lot of them".