View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 01:43 PM   #134
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: INNOVATE DLG1 Wideband O2 Oxygen Sensor Tuning Diagnostics Logging Air Fuel Ratio

let me show you graphically what this hesitation looks like

here I am changing from 1st (first spike) to 2nd gear (second spike the tallest one) and then flooring it in 2nd gear until I reach 2500 RPM (purple line) then I let off

what we are interested in is that huge red and green spike (about 13 seconds into the test, bottom axis), those two lines represent the Air Fuel Ratio in the right bank ie Passenger side cylinders/exhaust pipe and the left bank ie the Driver side cylinders/exhaust pipe

see how after I floor it they lean out all the way to 22 parts air to one parts gasoline, way too lean, and we are trying to prevent that

this is difficult because all these things happen in a second or less: as the vcuum decreases to less than 6.5 PSI (black line that goes flat to 0 PSI when WOT) the power valve kicks in, at the same time the secondaries open (they too are vacuum operated) and I don't know at what exact RPM they open yet, also the accelerator pump gives a shot of added fuel, all three in that one second
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 04-15-2023 at 02:52 PM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote