View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #7
fun in dirt
Registered User
fun in dirt's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,815
Re: "The Bucket" project diary

Saturday we got the rearend sandblasted & epoxy primed. If you've ever sandblasted anything you know why I wore a welding hood with a clear shield in it. It one of those jobs where you just have to "get nasty with it." Bought all new seals to replace...having a hard time finding the crush sleeve.Parts stores around here only have them listed for a 8.5" ring-gear. So need to order that I guess. Saving up my $ now for the rotors & calipers.
Plan on painting both the front & rearend housings with Rustoleum black hammered paint. That's what we used on the roll cage of my husbands Chevelle & it looks good against black for a little something different. Really turns outkind-of a dark gray color. Just roll it on to get a good consistent pattern, which means it is also a good bit tougher than just spraying something on...figure it will hold up again the mud & gravel that will be pounding on them.
Attached Images
'72 C to K20 "Cannibalizer"
'85 K30 "Big Nassy"
'72 Blazer "The Bucket"
'55 Chevy straight axle gasser
'01 2500 wagon
'06 3500 Duramax ...tow truck
'06 Silverado SS...DD
'07 Classic 1500...DD
Built & sold cause can't keep 'em all:
'69 Pro Street Chevelle
'86 M1031 CUCV
fun in dirt is offline