Thread: Bronco retro
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 08:45 PM   #19
special-K
Special Order

Re: Bronco retro

I think you all are being awfully hard on GM, all over not matching Ford with a retro SUV, which Ford just now is coming out with. You do realize that just because you want a retro Blazer does not mean the mass market does. There may be a more recently expanded appreciation of older vehicles, but most people, even now, want something new. Heck, put "New and improved" on a laundry detergent container or any other househoild product and marketing history shows sales go up. Do you even know that the new Blazer is an awful vehicle or is it only you are disappointed it's not a retro-styled K/5? I don't really like any new vehicle. I don't pay them any mind. Reason being my modern vehicle is still a GMT400. I have had no reason to move away from them YET, because i'm more aboput good well built vintage than modern with retro style. I don't know about you all, but I'd be happy driving nothing but '72s, if not for living where salt is used on the roads. This reminds me of what I would say when the Harley thing was booming and dudes were taking new Heritage Softails, which was a retro of the Panhead, and doing all they could to make it a wannabe Panhead. Even fake rocker boxes and timing covers. I would say, If you want to ride a pan, be man enough to ride one. put all those parts on and you still have a new Evo with a warranty

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote