View Single Post
Old 07-24-2004, 01:30 AM   #20
BobbyK

Location: Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,Mi.
Alex Hayley,the only part I had flushed was the evap. core.It was the only "used" part in the system.Everything else was new.I had the evap. core presure tested and flushed by a local shop.

GSFMECH,I cut the end of the evap. core(the part that extends up) and had a local shop TIG weld on an aluminium fitting so I could just add the FOT on.
I believe the fitting size is generic.
Here you can see the fitting that was TIGed on

I did buy one of the retrofit replacement FOT's (with compression fittings) but was told they have a tendancy to leak.
Here's the FOT kit that uses the compression fittings.I ended up useing this Blue Ford FOT.The one I started with was a White GM FOT

I actually ended up useing this one just without the compression fittings and useing the proper screw on fittings.

64fleetside,I run TWO 14" PermaCool fans with a shroud.The problem with my set up is how how the Condensor is mounted.
You vcan see here the large gap at the top of the condensor.There is the same gap at the bottom of the condensor as well.

If I some how make a outside shroud I could cool the condensor even better?

All my A/C pic's can be seen HERE

Last edited by augie; 04-13-2011 at 01:03 AM.