View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 06:51 PM   #197
HunterRotten

Re: The Hawaiian Blue 1978 GMC.

Hunter's 1978 GMC Build

At this point, it was pretty much as simple as telling the sniper EFI's handheld information about my truck and turning the key. I was pretty excited, and I was hoping that with some luck we could drive the truck.

Here's what my truck sounded like on it's first time idling.

While it was awesome that my truck after 2 (or more) long years had rumbled to life, we were not able to get it into to gear. After some head scratching, dad figured out that the slave cylinder may have been too big. We did a free exchange to NOVAK(except for shipping....) for the smaller slave. The smaller slave greatly improved what we thought was the issue, which was that the measurement between the slave and the pedal were too great but.. it still wouldn't engage. Solution? Spacers on the external slave. It works now.

The OTHER problem discovered with the truck idling is that those gold crane rockers where touching the valve covers, which is not ideal. Can you guess the solution? SPACERS! Why? I really like the look of the stock valve covers. It ends up being gasket, spacer, gasket, valve cover. Not ideal, but it worked and it looks great. (..Yes, I'm leaking now and I will have to address that.)

HunterRotten is offline   Reply With Quote