View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #30
59chev

Re: 59 Apache - Lifelong obsession

I got a set of finned corvette valve covers for Christmas, and I wanted a 60ish Corvette Air cleaner to match. I looked at reproduction air cleaners but they where crazy expensive so I decided to try making my own. I walked through the wrecking yard until I found an air cleaner that I liked the shape of. This particular one is out of a 87 Dodge Dakota. Then I cut the snorkel off and bent and welded in a piece of metal to fill the hole. I marked out and cut windows in what used to be the back of the air cleaner. I also welded a piece of metal onto the lid so I could stick a 327 Valve Cover sticker onto it. When I was finished, the windows looked like a little too open so I expoxied a metal screen in behind them.

The Edelbrock Performer intake will have the hole drilled out and will be fitted with an oil fill tube when the motor gets rebuilt, and since this is an early 327 with the pcv in the back of the block, I won’t need to put any holes in the valve covers.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=622133"]59 Apache - Lifelong obsession
59chev is offline   Reply With Quote