View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #98
BlueJeep

Re: My version of the s10 swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustac View Post
Do you happen to have the part number for yours, I see them online but don't see any others with the check engine light and other indicators?
Those were a custom feature, you'll have to work directly with New Vintage to get that set up. It was about $200 extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txrdnek View Post
Glad to see someone else putting the 3/4 ton on the extended cab s-10, love what you've done, I have a question if you can remember back to when you cut the running boards and splash gaurds: how much did you cut out of each to make them match up, I haven't gotten to that point yet, but figured that I'd ask since you've already made it that far. Appreciate any info.
If you place the cab on the frame EXACTLY in the same spot as I put mine, you can shorten the bed 2.375". If you put it somewhere different, this measurement will be different. And, technically mine's a 1 ton (with a 3/4 ton box) on an extended cab frame...I didn't want to cut down my mint condition 9 foot bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian113 View Post
BlueJeep,where are you getting your stuff sandblasted? I have a to get my Model A frame done and want to talk to someone about my AD cab.
Thanks Ray
I sandblasted it at my dad's shop in Spencer. As you can see from the pics most of my cab was stripped by hand, just did the floor and the hard to reach areas. But, I did manage to put some ripples in the back wall of the cab that I'm not happy about...so now I get to learn how to do some shrinking. I talked to a media blaster in Alta, but they couldn't guarantee that would get rid of the surface rust which is what I wanted, so I gambled with the sand.

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote