Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 05:58 AM   #129
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Well, I haven't got anything done for the last couple of weeks. The Holidays just keep getting in my way. The x-mas shopping is now done, and I'm looking at 4 days off starting today, so I'm hoping to get out in the shop and make a little progress. I can't seem to get out of the shopping mode, though.
Besides the patch panels and the clock, I picked up some nice sail panels and a couple of NOS inside door handles. Just waiting on the Brown Truck and then I'll post some pics. I know I'm a long ways off from needing them but the deal was too good to pass up.
I also located another truck that I'm trying to track down the owner. The house it is sitting at is empty with a lot of laying around like somebody moved out and left a bunch of stuff. I've done a little research and so far I've found that the old man that lived there died a while back and his wife died this year. There is also a son that I haven't been able to locate much info on yet but I'm working on it.
Why am I doing this? The truck is a 65 3/4 ton. From what I have been able to see, it has a perfect aluminum grill, chrome windshield trim, instrument panel with gauges (no tach) and custom knobs, a custom seat, and possibly a clock that has been taken off the dash. The body panels are all staight but rusty in all the normal places. It looks as though it's been sitting quite a while, in fact, I've been driving past it for over a year and it hasn't moved. There is also a camper on jacks that was probably used with the truck. Anyway, I'm still investigating.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote