View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 02:19 AM   #340
bskylerj
Account Suspended

Re: Ran 11.44 @117.69mph

Well gentlmen and I use that term loosely, it has been a sad, sad day. I had to put a new tranny in the truck and we got that finished up on Monday. We putit on the dyno today to finish tuning it up before I took the truck down to Phoenix to the Goodguys show. We put it on the dyno and made the first run to find out where the settings were at. It was rich down low and lean on the top end. Made a good pull for the first pull and knowing we needed to tune it better it pulled 526 horse and 493 foot pounds of torque at 5800 rpm's to the rear wheels. We were pleased but new there was more in there. I am running a turbo 400 and a 3000 stall. One of the problems is I have 10 to 1 compression and 8lbs of boost.

After shutting it down to tweak on it we started it back up to make a run and there was a god awfull noise. We started tearing into the top but found nothing. I pulled the pan and we looked further into the motor and found theat cylinder #8 has a seized wrist pin. It has caused some cylinder damage and I must tear the motor down.

Iwill now go a 8 to 1 compession motor with about 15lbs of boost and should produce around 750 to 800 horse at the crank. It feels like I just got this thing together, oh yea i did....
bskylerj is offline   Reply With Quote