View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 11:56 AM   #61
Sport/Truck
Sierra Grande Club

Re: How rare is the GMC Sierra Grande?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
How did I miss this post?Good info Ozark Tim and Longhornman.Ryan 70,Your truck has had things switched around.There were no SierraGrandes until`71.Sport/Truck,your`s is a Sierra that says SierraGrande on the option sheet.It`s that simple.this is not unusual.They did you a favor.You could counterfeit yours as a SierraGrande just by adding the emblems and the factory gauge bezel and glovebox door trim.I have a`72 Sierra that says SierraGrande on the VIV-spec sheet:

The order sheet form that the original owner showed he ordered a Sierra Grande and the delivery sheet also has Sierra Grand on it too. You think it only a Sierra? -In sheep’s clothing!??
I wonder if this is due to early delivery of this truck, since you mentioned that they only started offering it in ’71. The truck was ordered September 1970, and delivered February 2, 1971.
What are you thoughts?
s/t
1971 GMC Sierra Grande, 1/2 ton short wide, original 4 bolt 010 020 block & heads. (matching #'s). 383 stroker, SMI q jet 750 cfm, Lunati Voodoo 60102 cam, Scorpion roller rockers, Spin Tech pro street mufflers with X pipe.
Sport/Truck is offline   Reply With Quote