View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 11:22 PM   #18
enonz65c30

Re: project 65/66 C30 sanford & Son's

well after a long day of playing farmer I got to spend a couple of hours on the truck. I spent over half my day chasing a 65lb pig that decided to run through the electric fence....they always do it in the rain for some reason. so after running all over creation I finally tackled that little monster. but hey that just makes the bacon taste that much better back to the truck.

we only had two hours to work on the truck before dinner so we decided to put the new front cross member in. I guess the donor truck was built on a Friday or a Monday, because the 4 weld nuts were cross threaded and when the bolts were removed it stripped the nuts the rest of the way so they got redrilled to 1/2 vs 7/16 and through bolted. All and all it was pretty darn easy and in MHO the best way to upgrade a 66 C30 to disk brakes. Btw any torque specs out there on these bolts? I did use nylock nuts, lock washers, and locktight, so they should not go anywhere.

the engine lift was the ticket to safely lift it into place instead of balancing it on a jack like I had thought about doing.

RedBull the Official drink of crossmember swaps

and its in, it only took 2 hours! not too bad for a NOOB lol the rearend swap is next...

enonz65c30 is offline   Reply With Quote