View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 05:01 AM   #2
68bowtie

Re: 68' patina anniversary front clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtiguy View Post
I bought a mostly complete 68' anniversary front clip for my 68 SWB awhile back but I just can't force myself to strip it for paint. It features all OEM paint and in its natural 47 year old patina glory! light surface rust in some areas ( inside of fenders, bottom of core) . Appears that the front grill was reshot at one point A LONG time ago as it matches the white on the lower fenders perfectly. I left the inner fender tubs as I ran out of room in my Denali XL. I'm going to check and see if the hood is available too. I heard the owner had "secret stash". I'll get pics posted over the weekend. Winter has come back to Colorado.

Whats included..

1) drivers side with fender/eyebrow trim/side badge
2) passenger side with fender/eyebrow trim /side badge O.E. dealer decal from Denver, CO.
3) front grill assembly complete with latch/ upper/lower trim/ bowtie
4) complete core support with headlight buckets, GOOD battery tray, washer bottle holder, and headlight harness

I'd like to find someone who could use it the way it is for a patina 50th.
your best value is parting it out. what i would ask... $150-200 per fender if they are perfect. $30 eyebrow trim pair. $10-15 per side trim piece. $20/pair badges. $150 grille complete. $20 latch. core support $125. battery tray $30. washer bracket $10. headlight harness $10. all together $500. problem is finding someone with an original paint 50th needing fenders... just my opinion!

oh and i agree, save that original paint!

Survivor "Lil’ Mint" (67 c10 40k mile light green original paint)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh) SOLD
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh) SOLD
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote