View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #95
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Man, people are sooo...I don't know....odd? I've got a line on what seems to be a very nice used grille for my truck for $150 - excellent price. Seller is out of area and wants to add shipping charges; also fine. He quotes me shipping plus insurance (fine) but wants to charge me $3 for gas to go to the P.O. twice (WTF?!)

Is it me or does that just seem cheapazz? He coulda just included that in the overall price; how would I have known? But he breaks it out like that and it makes me wonder how this guy will be to deal with? If I send money (money order or cashier's check) into the "great void", how do I know he won't just pocket it and screw me? I know better than to offer Paypal as he'll want me to cover his fee's!

Also, Maybe its just me (probably) but if a person lists a price and says "firm" I buy or I don't, I don't negotiate. If they say "obo" I make an offer - don't then get upset because I offered, just say "no" if its less than you're willing to take...you COULD HAVE said "firm". Geez. Just voicing my frustration. Don't know if I'm gonna do this deal with this guy or not.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote