View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 11:18 PM   #6
Hermes

Re: 1950 3/4 ton short box

Progress has moving along about as fast as I expected....wished I lived closer to where I'm building my truck (it's about a 3hr drive). But I'm making it work.

Over the past weekend I was able to get the brakes lines run, and bleed. I decided to purchase a complete master cylinder and booster kit. Decided to keep the drums for the rear, and added a little fun with a line lock kit.

The master cylinder/booster kit bolted right in using holes already in the stock frame. For the proportioning valve we opted to mount it to frame rail. For the brake lines picked up a 25' spool of NiCopp line along with some additional pre flared pieces.

Name:  20160605_145456.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  35.2 KB

For the center rear brake hose, we grabbed a piece of left over aluminium and fabbed up a nice center mount. I have a friend who works at a local parts store, so I was able to just go in the back and pick out one that looked long enough, certainly helps when trying to fab something together.

Name:  20160605_145615.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  44.8 KB

Couple other updates.... mounted the battery drop down box. Used the orginal location of the old battery. Installed without issue, and drops down with ease.

Name:  20160605_145749.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  35.1 KB

And finally I was also able to pickup the cab from the guy who is doing all my body work. It's been carefully wrapped in shrink wrap. Haven't had a chance to unwrap it yet. I feel like a kid at Christmas, waiting to unwrap my presents! I opted to go with SEM Hot Rod Black.From photos I've seen of other builds, it has the color and look I'm going for.

Name:  IMG_6700.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  96.7 KB

The plan this weekend is to set the engine/trans in place. Maybe even set the cab onto the frame.
Attached Images

Hermes is offline   Reply With Quote