View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 11:01 PM   #14
Hermes

Re: 1950 3/4 ton short box

So it's been awhile since I last posted, but I've still been keeping busy on the build, although didn't get to work on it much during the month of July do to other commitments. But it's all starting to come together!

Was able to get the cab secured to the frame. Everything lined up and fit well. I did need to trim out a little around the transmission hump to get the cab to sit on the frame rails. Also got a sheet of Aluminum cut and mounted to firewall. Radiator in place with upper and lower hoses installed.
Name:  20160820_114301.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  43.3 KB

Did some metal work and filled in some of the "holes" in the floor, and then I applied POR15 to the interior areas of the cab that was still a little crusty, mostly under the seat and where the tank sat. Seam sealed all the weld joints, then applied some of their top-coat primer to the interior surfaces.
Name:  SAM_2319.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  43.5 KB
Name:  SAM_2343.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  17.3 KB

Then gave the entire interior a nice coating of Sound and Heat versions of LizardSkin.
Name:  SAM_2361.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  39.6 KB

Last weekend ordered a new steering shaft and did the mock up of the steering. Next up I'm going to need to build a bracket to hold the heim joint, and I also need to decide what color for the interior. Leaning toward a gloss black or deep flat red. I'm also leaning toward mounting the fuse panel and all the electrical stuff under the seat area. Anyone have any opinions on that route, something similar to this... I'd like to hear if anyone has pro/con's.
Name:  WireIdea's.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  72.6 KB
Hermes is offline   Reply With Quote