View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 09:28 AM   #76
landarts
landarts

Re: 71 K20 Idaho Edition

Got some of the high build on the back of the bed and lower section of cab. Went with the UPOL 2253 high build primer. Shot it with a turbine setup and literally had no over spray on the ground. Going to let it cure out over night in the heated garage and start blocking it out on Saturday.

Will probably go ahead and shot the rest of the back of the cab and roof section after I get it seam sealer laid down in the morning. While items where drying I forged forward with getting the drivers door ready for primer and paint. Stripped all of the felts and rubbers out of the door and working toward getting all of the door stripped down to bare metal. This door had several coats of paint, like three different colors. Had a hole in the lower door panel where speaker was installed, a few dings and one small spot in the bottom rear corner where rust was present. Cut out that section and replaced with new metal. Overall the down was in great shape with no filler areas or no major whamo's. Hinges where in excellent shape and the internal working parts all in good shape.

In getting the truck ready for primer I used a trick with the back window rubber I thought was posted by Joe's Junk at some point. By using a curved pick style tool and some rope/cord that I had available I worked the rope/cord under the rubber keeping it off of the metal so that primer could go under and making really easy to tape off.
Attached Images

Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
69 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote