landarts

Re: 71 K20 Idaho Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
Awesome progress!
Thanks I really appreciate the mention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
You may not have gotten to where you wanted but you still made progress. Cool pic of the GMC with California plates..
Thanks again, I did not catch the California plates until after posting it.

So yes I am making some progress but there always seems to be a degree of project creep happening and another issue I call the "Fight". What the Fight means to me is that these old trucks seem to fight back as you are trying to bring them back to life. Little things along the way will pop up and send you down another path or journey. Like this truck I have been trying to get the back of the cab and front bed panel painted so I can put the bed back on and use truck since it is a running functional truck. Every time I think I am ready to go something develops as a set back. Went through issues with having to replace the roof skin, then having to sand down the primer two separate times because of the texture. Went out this morning at 5 A.M. to tape, wipe down and get ready to shot paint this morning on cab and bed panel and found a newly added ding on the back of the cab side that was not there two days ago. Looks like somebody might have carried something into the garage and banged into it.

This left me with that Fight feeling again and started to really get me wondering why the truck was fighting me back. So I decided to just spray the bed panel a make a little progress and fix the ding and shot the cab another day. Also tried placing the largest order I have ever placed for parts for this truck and right in the middle of trying to do the check out the site crashed. Tried again for the next two days and site was down. Finally a week later I was able to place my order over the phone and the customer service rep honored the 40% discount that was available on Thanksgiving day. Tried to make a metal repair on the drivers door I have off the truck and the grinder's bearings went out. Grabbed the spare grinder I use as a backup and that one also gave up to the Fight.

Pict 1 - This is the Single stage paint I am using on this project ( UTech 500 )
Pict 2 - A pile of broken grinders
Pict 3 - Shows the dent and scratch in the cab side
Pict 4 - Bed panel right before shooting
Pict 5 - After a couple coats of paint, about 10 oz of paint used
Attached Images

Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
69 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote