Thread: sound system
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 11:32 PM   #9
shifty
Questionable

Re: sound system

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouldie View Post
for the input take an old set of headphones cut the wires a good distance away from the plug.
Sorry man, but you know you can go to Radio Shack and buy a Y-cable for $5-7 which does the same thing, without the risk of shorting something out, right? This kind of advice reminds me of this person I saw telling another dude you could splice RCA cables into the speaker wires coming out of the stereo to plug into an amplifier (I guess he didn't understand what happens when you shove 15w-50watts of power into a low-level input on an amplifier )

A lot of people put the CD player in the place of the heater controls or mount it inside the glove box. To find pictures of glove box radios, use the search feature and hunt for "glove radio" and you'll find several (most likely).

I can post some pics of stuff tomorrow when I get to work.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 12-03-2006 at 11:34 PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote