View Single Post
Old 09-25-2023, 09:48 AM   #6
loudchevy

Re: BUILD: 1970 C10 LWB “Jumping Cholla”

Once the cab was rid of all the junk we moved focus to the rear of the truck. We pulled the bed and removed all the rear suspension and 12b rear end. After a proper clean up, we added some 3” drop springs, new trailing arm bushings, some new disc brakes, and some fresh black paint.

I’ve always had bad luck removing the center pin bolt from rear diffs. Luckily the break on this one was near the end of the threads and I was able to use a pick and turn the broken bolt out! I threw some welds along the seams of the trailing arms while we had them out and cleaned them up. We removed the auxiliary leaf spring from the rear and cleaned up the frame with a power washer for the big debris and a wire wheeled it. The rear of the frame with get a fresh coat of black paint once the cab gets pulled. We got everything installed and got her back on 4 tires.
Attached Images

2003 Tahoe Stock
1985 K5 5.3LS/4L60E|8Lug 4:56|3/4 Ton Front|14BFF Rear|Roll Cage|Dove-tailed & Bobbed
loudchevy is offline   Reply With Quote