View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 05:31 PM   #24
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: My daily driver/beater : How I turned lemons in lemonade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lha1992 View Post
I really like the build of your truck!!!!! Build on a budget an doing it right an looks awesome really! I enjoyed reading the build on your blue an white 90 short bed that was a cool truck!!!! Was it a 90? Just cause 88-89 had the 4 single lights an 90 was composite which yours has. Either way I miss seeing that truck just awesome stance!

But this new truck I look forward to seeing what you do with it. Its the same way kinda I'm going with my 65. I'm a broke college kid an just as your build says hopefully next payday! My 89 is my baby an has had all the pampering (an dough) thrown at it. Need to make a new build thread on it soon and change the user picture I have cause it doesn't loom like that anymore.

I have to ask did you do anything at all to the engine you put into the truck for the time being? How's it sound?
The blue/white truck was an 89. Powertrain was 350/5 speed. I converted the headlights to the later type with a pair of freebies a buddy gave me.

The engine in the stepside doesn't really sound very inspiring. It's a 350 4-bolt out of a 78 dually. Feels and sounds like it's got a little cam in it. I've got an Edelbrock Performer (25 dollar swap meet special that had a broke off bolt), Holley 600 vac secondary, exhaust manifolds and 2 inch dual exhaust with long glasspacks. It's very mild. Just pressure washed and resealed it before installing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manimal View Post
Wow Kevin, what a transformation! Even being "Cheap" as you say, it is VERY COOL! You gave me new inspiration for my '77!
Thanks for sharing!
I appreciate the kind words man. You guys keep me motivated to keep working on old trucks.