View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 11:34 AM   #43
BIGglaSS

Re: 69 Burb speaker/amp/sub suggestions needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
(1)Will it be a problem if I mount the the amp to the floor board? I don't normally like using screws going to the floor board, but I don't have a lot of room to do anything else without getting too complicated.

**EDIT: Would there be a problem velcro-ing the amp to the carpet underneath the seat vice screwing it to the floor???? **

Velcro is fine for an amp. Anything heavier like speaker boxes, etc should be secured. Some guys use riv-nuts with a dab of silicone sealant.

(2) The stereo has a "trigger" wire labeled amp remote. It powers on when the stereo comes on. I'm assuming it connects to the amp where it is label "REM"?
YES
Everything is looking good! That power block came with the amp; it looks like it fits exactly into the ground/rem/power lugs on the amp. Not sure why you'd need it, though.

Are you up to speed on how to set up the gain level, and filters on the amp? Don't run it until you do.

For the front speakers. 3 Options. 1- Make an angled spacer ring, it can help move the magnet, and aim the speaker better. 2- (I know you said NO to the BFH, but..) Get a small stainless steel mixing bowl (about 3" diameter) at the dollar store. Cut a hole in the kick panel where the speaker hits, and install the bowl with silicone and a couple screws. 3 - Make custom fiberglass speaker pods. I'm surprised they didn't fit. Retro has an option to load them with speakers that are 2.4" depth (maybe they install a spacer). The kick panels I have seen for other cars mount the speaker at more of an angle, which makes more clearance for the magnet.

Happy to help where I can. I know it's a little late now, but got a couple answers on the sub/ohms question. 1 guy said play it safe, only go below 2ohm if it is a high quality amp. and 2 guys said go for it, should be fine.
BIGglaSS is offline   Reply With Quote