View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 08:31 AM   #58
skyphix

Re: 1980 Chevy C10 - Ugly but Functional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808_67C10 View Post
MMMM ya, that was a rats nest. Feels good to clean all that up. I had the same issues with my truck. Still chasing down a hard short in my dash lights. I love the idea of an additional fuse box for accessories. I love clean wiring... it looks so nice and you don't have to stress about spontaneous combustion! LOL

I have no intention of restoring this truck so I'd ultimately like to replace the wiring harness completely with a minimal race-style harness but thats a ways down the road. The factory wiring, thankfully, is in really good shape... Besides some massive grounding issues that I traced back to basically every ground everywhere being frayed, brittle, and undersized, including the one that runs from the negative battery terminal to the body.

I pick my trans up this weekend and for various reasons this weekend will end up being the perfect time to tear the 350/th350 out, and get the 5.3 out of my Yukon hopefully. Not doing much to the 5.3 besides cleaning it and swapping the exhaust manifolds over to Trailblazer manifolds. While the 350/th350 is out I'll clean up and paint the engine bay and core support - just a degrease, pressure wash, rust converter, then rattle can. Again, not a restoration, just trying to keep rust at bay and clean up what is convenient to clean up.

I also need to order up an axle bearing, and while I have it apart I'll likely just do both sides for peace of mind. Then I can adjust the rear brakes and re-bleed all of them, again, just for peace of mind. That's not a big deal though.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote