View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 10:00 AM   #62
skyphix

Re: 1980 Chevy C10 - Ugly but Functional

Yukon is finally getting torn apart. Dodged rain showers yesterday after traveling both nice days over the weekend, but managed to get the harness mostly stripped out, only having to cut one wire (ground that connects to one of the bellhousing bolts) - I still have one sensor to disconnect behind the intake manifold, and the transmission branch to disconnect and pull back. Should be able to make more progress tonight, get the radiator out, drain the fluids from the engine and trans, etc.

I see on the Yukon that the Y pipe has the cats REALLY close to the O2 sensor bung, so the exhaust might end up trickier than I had hoped. I was hoping to be able to assemble it mostly with clamps until I could get it into the performance exhaust shop either late this fall or next spring... but it looks like I'll be teaching myself to weld and trying to cob together some down pipes to try to connect into the old exhaust thats on the truck.

Anyone that might be reading this, feel free to post your exhaust setup using stock (well, I'm using TBSS/Envoy/Rainier/HHR manifolds) manifolds for some ideas.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote