View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 12:06 AM   #49
swamp rat

Re: "The possum" build - 1970 4x4 LWB on mid 70's chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmopar View Post
Thanks for the kind words Ryan. Some people frown on it not being "by the book", and I think that has cost me some feedback, but I got this truck with a salvage title, in hacked-up shape, made from several different trucks, spanning at least two decades... Besides, theres no "kit" for most of the things I have done so far...

I wish I had better tools, and more money to throw at this thing, but I really don't think I'd be throwing much more at it...YET! Like I said there is no kit to level out a 70 on a 79ish? frame that the PO hacked too much off the back end of... I would've liked to have cut & welded the frame to make up the difference in wheelbase, but with too much missing off the back end, it really wasn't an option for me... (68tt did a great job of this on his project) I could've went SWB with it, but didn't feel my welding/body work skills were up to it... Also I like LWBs with the back up higher than the front... The PULLING TRUCK look!

The budget is a little tight for my toys right now, as we are buying lots of little pink & purple toys & misc. accessories (mostly diapers) for the package from the STORK that we are expecting in the next couple of weeks!
Hey there's a lot to be said for making due with what ya got, I used to have to use bailing wire to tie up my mufflers and exhaust pipes when i was young.. Don't be concerned with what others think, your making progress where others fear to tread so i wouldn't be concerned about not getting a lot of feedback, i still pop in here and read every post but not being there working on your truck or having done what your doing its kinda hard to give any usefull input. But to me every thread i read i gain knowledge and reading your thread is no different, keep up the good work!

Oh, I did read on other threads that there could be a potential for gas comming out of the filler on a rear fill tank mounted to these trucks, i fail to see how that could be when the tank is used in cars without a problem, i assume you have dispelled the mith?

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote