View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 07:23 AM   #313
clemdaddy

Re: tilly to the rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodly View Post
Ex-Custom Camper truck. Must've lead another, more scenic life at one point. Any history on it?

PS: No, the orange engine is not correct.
the truck has 2 auxiliary tanks, 1 on each side located in the front cabinets of the bed. i bought the truck from the second owner and he believed that this is the factory engine. the clock shows 79,000 miles which could be real. all the missing air parts are in the bed cabinets and that makes me think something was perhaps done to the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
I'm thinking that the listing for "Engine Conversion" might explain the orange engine. Even though it shows the truck as having originally came from the factory with a 327, the engine in it may not be the original engine. Checking the suffix code on the block would verify that.

I suppose that it is also possible that the dealer pulled the original engine, made some changes to it at the customers request and reinstalled the engine after a paint job. I'm just not sure what the "Engine Conversion" would entail.
i will definitely check the vin and date codes on the engine, as well as the box of receipts. i thought that 'engine conversion' might mean that a car motor was installed from the factory. it was built in california according to the build sheet.
don't know much else yet but i sure love a mystery.
clemdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote