Thread: Penny
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2023, 08:40 AM   #95
LT7A

Re: Penny

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
Thanks for reading through the thread and for the advice on the paint. I would like to make the paint look a little better once I get the truck back on the road, so just might have to give that a try.
I pulled a sneaky on y'all. There's 2 more black jack stands supporting the truck, but they're just behind the front cab mounts, so I wanted the single one under the front cross member to help support the full weight of the engine and front end. I would not trust just one jack stand to balance the truck like that

I'm slowly working through a rattle can restoration on the rest of the suspension parts. Figured I should make it look a little better than just leaving everything rusty. That is one thing I didn't do the first time on my 63 and later regretted. Sure it'll take a bit longer to complete, but the truck will look a little bit nicer underneath than just rusty
I see the other jackstands now

PM me if you want more info on my semi-patented (not at all : ) paint rejuvenation process. It's not that unusual, just geared to save as much of the remaining paint as I can, while adding clarity and some shine.

I like your idea of getting the suspension parts painted. It occurred to me that it doesn't just look nice, it'll help preserve them too.
LT7A is online now   Reply With Quote