View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 05:29 PM   #4
Root2812

Re: 2016 Sierra Rebuild

As you can see this truck got run off the road. It obviously went into cable guard rails on both sides. My best guess is on the interstate where you see those cable guard rails come to a v shape before the two bridges for going each way. Those guard rails are designed to keep you from going through the median and between the bridges and into what ever is below. I'll post pics that should obvious steel cable damage and you can see that aside from what jumped up and hit the windshield all the damage is on the lower half of the truck at the height of a guard rail.

The truck was totaled but only for cosmetic damage. Every panel on the truck is damaged except the tail gate. Its also a hard to paint and expensive tri-coat color. Parts are still really expensive on 2016 trucks and the insurance company has to buy certified parts. Good thing I can do the work myself!

The only damage keeping it off the road was a bad tire and a busted brake hose. Even the air bags didn't go off and the frame was perfect! The negative is that its so new there is not any aftermarket sheet metal yet but I have bargain shopped for brand new OEM parts.

I get it that the truck looks like hell right now and most guys would run but I hope you all follow along and see an alternate option to dropping $40-50k at the dealer if you're handy.

Last edited by Root2812; 06-18-2018 at 05:39 PM.
Root2812 is offline   Reply With Quote