View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 06:58 PM   #18
DirtbagSean

Re: Side Money: 1984 SWB

Other than finally getting an AC compressor in the truck, I put out a WTB ad on our local Squarebody FB page with ridiculous requests like: White, LH side gas door, and preferably installed in my driveway while I slept.

And low and behold, someone messaged me, with a straight white bed, fuel door on the right side, and already cut for the lowering shackles. Not installed in my driveway while I slept, but he had it on his lift at his shop ready to drop!

I couldnt have asked for a better match, and thinking back now I should've bought a lottery ticket. The better side of it was that he had realistic expectations for cost and I had my old bed sold in an hour before I had even taken it off!

AND HERE IT IS!! a lot less damage and shines up pretty well, the PO sanded off a ton of plastidip that was on the bed when he got it and churched it up with 3000 grit and a light buff. I still needed to sand out the cove in the tailgate but it wasnt that bad.

Topped off with a new license plate and its back to a shabby shiny driver *for a little while at least** I cant decide on a paint color to save my life.

DirtbagSean is offline   Reply With Quote