Thread: PO has me PO'd
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #1914
jaros44sr

Re: PO has me PO'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale99 View Post
My upper plenum is the correct for my year, 90-92, so it has a threaded boss for the bracket on what would be the rear, right side. It has an L-shaped bracket. I made one out of aluminum for a year or so, tell I found a GM one. The map has an elbow that comes out the bottom, and goes right into a vac port.... which your 85 wont have as you mentioned.

You can t some of that off, or I have seen people drill/tap the plenum for extra ports. Or a popular mod is to move the IAT sensor from the bottom of the plenum into the air stream, and then put a hose barb there for more vac ports.

I dont have car with me at moment, so I cant take pics. Will check in a min to see if one of my facebook pics shows it. :edit: nope, will have to take one for you later.
Thanks for the speedy response...i have a larger port along side of my fuel reg.
port, was going to use that. Your right, parts are hard to find, i do have a 'L' shaped bracket that i havent found the home for yet, maybe ill get lucky and it will be my map sensor bracket

Found new tpi parts supplier, just nothing for used parts. Been hanging out at the FAST XFI forum, asking questions and reading. Starting to get a grasp on all this new terminolgy, and what goes where

Take your time on the pic, as i have lots of other things to work on

Edit...the IAT location may be an option, since i need another port for my brake booster

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim

Last edited by jaros44sr; 11-15-2012 at 07:15 PM.
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote