View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 09:36 AM   #59
350TacoZilla

Re: The 65 C30 Farm Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 C10 LWB View Post
How did you drill the holes out, hand drill or drill press? Did you use a drill bit or a reamer?
Hand drill and started with a step drill bit just to take the edge off around the holes then switch to standard bit going slow and adding oil. I also drilled them while axle was still bolted to truck (since it held it in place nicely) I removed brakes and would always drill the bottom most hole then rotate tire and do bottom most hole again to try and have shavings fall out the bottom away from the seal. I did the old trick of putting a ton of tape around the bit to make sure it didn't suddenly plunge in after breaking through.

I'm sure no one would recommend this method but I was in a bind and it worked, you could probably use a drill press but then couldn't use the wheel as a guide unless maybe you just torch the center out of an old wheel so it fits on drill press.

EDIT: actually if you still have that half a wheel you had to cut apart you could probably use the small section of it, just keep 2 studs and bolt it in place then switch sides.
350TacoZilla is offline   Reply With Quote