View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 08:02 PM   #66
69 C10 LWB

Re: The 65 C30 Farm Truck

Progress!!!!! The weather was great this weekend so I cleaned the frame and painted it. The rattle can stuff I used pretty much just rubbed off. I got a pint of rustoleum primer for rusty metal and gave it a good coat. I let it sit over night then gave the rear half a coat of satin black. I dont know how it will hold up but its a lot cheaper than POR15.

I tried to get plates friday only to find its more of a challenge than I expected. I got to the license office and found out since I bought it out of state I needed a vin inspection. First call to the local police was a big no, highway patrol said sure bring it. Highway patrol is probably 20 miles away, a little further than I want to drive an untested truck. My neighbor gave me a number and said call this guy, turns out he knew someone fairly high up in the local police who said sure bring it by and if there isnt an officer here I will do it myself. I got about a block from the house and decided that wont work either. One of the used tires I got has a bad spot where it looks like it may have ben in a fire. It bounces so bad its hard to keep the rear end on the ground. I called him back and he offered to send someone by the house. 15 minutes later I had my inspection. Took that to the license office on my way home today and got my title transferred. Now I just send off the application for historic plates.

On a side note, does anyone know IL inspection stickers? Looks like this one may be from 2008. Looks like the truck sat for 10 or 11 years before I got it.
Attached Images

69 C10 LWB is offline   Reply With Quote