View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 09:48 PM   #72
69 C10 LWB

Re: The 65 C30 Farm Truck

I finally have some free time to work on the truck again. With vacation and mothers day and birthdays my weekends have been busy. I was finally able to start work on the bed this weekend. I knew it was rough but its worse than I thought. I knew it was going to need the crossmembers replaced but Im going to have to weld some metal around the inside of the frame too. Thankfully the main part of the frame is solid so I have plenty of metal to weld. Luckily for me its all thick steel and will be much easier than normal body work. I spent all of Saturday morning cutting out the wood from the sides and floor. The stakes all came loose once I cut the boards loose so I was able to save them for future reuse. The floor was easier to remove than expected because most of it fell apart. I took before and after pictures and one picture of the crap that fell off the bed when I was removing the floor. Most of the stuff on the ground is rotten wood. Next weeks project will be to narrow it down to the width of the outer tires, about 8in narrower than it is now.
Attached Images

69 C10 LWB is offline   Reply With Quote