View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 10:25 PM   #19
joedoh

Re: 54 3600 lincoln aviator

yeah, thats how I did mine and the steering column was in completely the wrong spot, and the pedals were way to the right too. I had to move everything around which cost a lot. if I hadnt been such a dummy, I would have cut that part of the firewall out and moved the whole section where it fit better then trimmed it back in.

where I see your potential problem is with seating position between the two, the aviator you sit pretty close to the floor and have a deep firewall for your legs and feet. the AD is way more upright, if you just weld in the firewall, the seat mounts might be out the back of the cab and the steering column angle will have it in your crotch. but if you separate that section of the firewall and move it up, steering shafts and joints will correct the misalignment and the steering wheel will be in the right spot. you may also need a stand for the seats to keep you off the floor.

it may weld in and be fine. I am only talking about the problem I had with mine as a potential snag for you. better to be aware of it up front and not have it, than weld it solid and have to redo it it like I did.

also, I lined up the firewalls and welded them together, then moved the body mounts back to get the wheel in the right spot. like I said, the footwell on the aviator is short in height and deep in length, but opposite for the aviator. just something to be aware of!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote